Updated: Mar 8
To avoid a high blood pressure (hypertension), you can follow the 5 healthy lifestyle tips:
1) Regular exercise: Exercise (such as walking, cycling, and swimming) of moderate intensity for 30-60 minutes / day, five days per week. If you have any medical condition, consult your healthcare provider about the type and level of exercise which will be optimal for you.
2) Maintain a healthy body weight: Ask your doctor, what will be the optimal weight for you? A healthy BMI (18.5 – 24.9 kg/m²) and waist circumference (<102 cm for men and <88 cm for women) are usually recommended
3) Choose healthy diet: High in fresh fruits, vegetables, dietary fiber, decreased salt and bad fats. Ask your doctor about the DASH eating plan.
4) Quit smoking and avoid excess alcohol.
5) Blood pressure monitoring: Follow your doctor advice.
This Blog is intended for educational purposes only. It shouldn’t be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek your healthcare provider’s advice with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.